We will be running beginner courses
in Spring 2017.
Interested? We might be able to fit you in somehow even though our beginner programme is now finished for 2017.
If you want a try after the summer holidays, you can see if there's space at our pool sessions.
If you're an experienced paddler click on the button below.
You can visit our club on a Thursday evening to see what we do and meet us at Wagon Lane BD16 1LT. We're there every Thursday evening. Let us know you're popping along.
What you need to know
1 I want to go shopping. What should I buy ? Your first priority is water shoes that won't catch or jam in a boat.
2. Why do you have beginners' courses? Kayaking is a high skill demand sport so it makes sense to have a focused introduction rather than just having a go in an unstructured setting.
3. Are there other ways for a beginner to start paddling at the club? You could try getting in to a pool session.
4. If I like the starter session and want to keep paddling, can I join? Yes, you can come to up to four Thursday evening sessions at £2 per session. To keep paddling with us after that, you have to join.
5. I want to learn to paddle but don't want to do your beginners course. We recommend introductory courses at Plas y Brenin or somewhere local like Yeadon Tarn or Doe Park.
6. What do I need to bring with me to a starter session?
Some snacks A close fitting thermal jumper Water shoes / trainers: no laces!
Tracksuit bottoms Swimsuit Wetsuit if you have one
Windproof top Towel Specs tie-ons
Proof of id Cotton clothes are a NO! Cold drink
7. How much do you charge for the 3 hour course? £30.00 and it includes 3 hours of tuition and use of a boat, paddle, helmet and buoyancy aid.
8. Can I bring my dog? Yes but it must be on a lead at all times and you must not let it shit anywhere near the river bank or playing fields. Take all faeces away with you.
9. Is there parking? Yep. Lots.
Thursday 18th January
Club night Judith
Thursday 25th January
Club night Judith
Saturday 10th February
Tuesday 20th February
Sunday 25th March 2018